Do you need tips for volleyball tryouts? The following are some great tips for making the volleyball team.
1. Get in shape before tryouts. Often coaches like to weed out players that are out of shape.
For example, you might have to run
a mile for time at tryouts. Coaches can easily see who is willing to put
forth the effort and
push through to make the time. It's easy for coaches to just cut the
2. Go to your high school camps and open gyms. The more you're around your high school coaches, the more they will get to know you and see how good a player you are. They'll also take you more seriously if you attend all the camps and open gyms. The more they see you there, the more they'll see that you love volleyball.
3. Play club volleyball. The more experience you get playing volleyball before you get to high school, the more likely you'll make the team. High school volleyball is so competitive these days, it's tough to make the team so play club volleyball and get private lessons. Also, if you play club volleyball, your high school coach gets another chance to see you play. The more your coaches see you play, the more likely you are to make the team.
1. Get there early, warm up, and act
like you want to be there. You don't want to just sit there and look
like you're not excited to play volleyball.
2. Try not to show any frustration while at tryouts. If you're struggling, try not to get frustrated fighting through it. Try to just let it go and move on. Just try your best have a great attitude.
3. How you react to things at tryouts is really important. Coaches want to see players have a positive attitude and really take chances and go for it.
4. Be friendly with everyone that's
trying out. Coaches want to see players get along with one another.
Coaches pick team players. If you aren't playing well
and making a lot of mistakes, don't get stressed out. Really try to
5. Always do what the coaches say with enthusiasm. Even if you don't want to do it, do it anyway. You need to give the impression that you're coachable. Coaches want players that will listen and follow directions.
6. Be sure to wear something that stands out so you'll be noticed and remembered. Wear a bright pink shirt or a something coaches can remember you buy. You want coaches to be able to describe you to other coaches. The more memorable you are, the more likely you'll get picked.
Hope you enjoyed these tips for how to prepare for high school tryouts!